Stay up to date on our entrepreneurs, events, research and more. Check out our June newsletter here.
In 2011, Endeavor Entrepreneurs around the world saw the fruits of their labors materialize in the form of increased growth, new facilities, awards for entrepreneurship, and productive relationships with Endeavor mentors and partners. Check out our Impact Report for a detailed look at our highlights, or click here for top metrics.
The following are just a few “top stories” from Endeavor’s offices around the world in 2011. While by no means a complete picture, they provide a glimpse into some of our most recent milestones. Be sure to visit the respective country homepages and the Endeavor blog for more insights and highlights!
– AlaMaula, led by Endeavor Entrepreneur Diego Noriega, is acquired by eBay
– SocialMetrix, run by Endeavor Entrepreneurs Martin Enriquez, Juan Manuel Damia, and Gustavo Arjones attracts the first equity investment of DMGT in Argentina
– Endeavor companies expand internally, including Conexia in Colombia, SocialMetrix in Mexico, Lenor in Colombia, Technisys in Chile, Promored in Peru and Uruguay, Keepcon in Brazil, and Smowtion in the U.S.
– Globant acquires U.S. company Nextive
– Medix and Maqtec open new production facilities
– Entrepreneurs donate $700,000 through Give-Back Program
– Educational programs run in 26 of Brazil’s top universities, involving more than 400 professors in almost every state of the country, training 2,000 students in the first year
– Workshops and summits engage 7,000+ total participants and drives over 1 million unique visitors to Endeavor Brazil website
– First official paper about high-impact entrepreneurs in Brazil is written in partnership with IBGE, Brazil’s national statistics office
– Endeavor Brazil publishes first national research study about Brazilian entrepreneurship education
– Endeavor Brazil launches new regional satellite offices
– During the annual Global Entrepreneurship Week, Endeavor Brazil reaches 3 million participants and works with 500 partners, winning two global awards in the last three years
– Japan’s DeNA agrees to buy Chilean mobile social game firm Atakama Labs, founded by Endeavor Entrepreneurs Esteban Sosnik and Tiburcio de la Carcova
– Betazeta, founded by Endeavor Entrepreneurs Francisco Sandoval and Leo Prieto, secures a $3 million investment, in the form of capital contribution and share purchase, from leading Chilean media firm Copesa Group
– Endeavor Atacama launches, aiming to spread High-Impact Entrepreneurship throughout the northern region
– Endeavor board members including Salvador Said, Jean-Paul Luksic, Sven von Appen, and Jose Luis del Rio continue to strategize with local entrepreneurs, executives, government officials, and students to develop ideas and think big
– Juan Carlos de la Llera is voted Endeavor Entrepreneur of 2011 at the June Endeavor Entrepreneur Summit in San Francisco
– Ecoflora spins off agriculture business, marking the debut exit for a Colombia VC firm
– Endeavor Entrepreneurs continue to spotlighted internationally, including Lilian Simbaqueba (LiSim)
– Khaled Ismail sells SySDSoft in midst of Egyptian revolution (March) to Intel and becomes Chairman of the Board
– T.A. Telecom sees a 500% increase in monthly revenue from September compared to the beginning of the revolution in January
– Hindawi Publishing Corporation acquires The Scientific World Journal
– Nadia and Hind Wassef receive Veuve Clicquot’s Award for Economic Development Initiative
– E-Masary wins the People’s Vote Award at the IBM SmartCamp Competition in Istanbul (December)
– “High Time for High-Impact” Panel Discussion & Networking Dinner hosts discussions regarding the role of high-impact entrepreneurship in helping the Egyptian economy during challenging times
– Endeavor Jordan hosts Endeavor’s 40th International Selection Panel in Amman
– Endeavor Entrepreneurs continue to attract national and international media attention — from the Wall Street Journal to Bloomberg Venture
– Office officially launches!
– Endeavor Lebanon office selects its first Entrepreneurs
– All Entrepreneurs participate in Give-Back Program, covering half the office’s operating expenses
– Endeavor Mexico designs a program to promote SME listings on the Mexican Stock Exchange. Overseeing the program are Bolsa, the Mexican Stock Exchange, the Mexican Ministry of Economy, and the Mexican Association of Private Equity
– Endeavor Mexico ends 2011 operating 45 Boards for Endeavor Entrepreneurs
– Endeavor South Africa and FNB Business Banking launch the second edition of “Entrepreneurial Dialogues: The State of Entrepreneurship in South Africa” (November)
– Endeavor South Africa hosts second Endeavor Entrepreneur Academy Bootcamp at the African Leadership Academy
– Taste Holdings lands on the main board of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
– Endeavor Entrepreneur Shona McDonald wins the Socio-Economic Business Developers category of the ShopRite Checkers Women of the Year 2011 Award in Johannesburg (July) for determination and foresight in impacting the future of fellow South Africans
– Dr. Precious Moloi Motsepe, chairperson of African Fashion International (AFI), joins Endeavor South Africa’s board
– Business leaders donate 800 hours of mentoring
– Endeavor Turkey organizes numerous events as part of the landmark Global Entrepreneurship Summit, which casts an international spotlight on Endeavor
– 25% of Endeavor Entrepreneurs in Turkey are currently seeking more than US $10 million in funding
– 75% of Endeavor Entrepreneurs in Turkey are doing business outside the country
– Since selection, Turkey’s Endeavor Entrepreneurs have grown at an average CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 51%
– Sequoia Capital invests in its first Latin American company, Scanntech, run by Endeavor Entrepreneur Raul Polakoff
– Uruguay’s Gala Dinner sees record attendance of nearly 850; tickets sold out 15 days prior to the event, with guests including the Vice President of Uruguay
© 2016 Endeavor Global, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Endeavor Global, Inc.
900 Broadway, Suite 301
New York, NY 10003
1 (212) 352-3200
Site by #BRITEWEB