Impact metric400% growth in revenues since selection, and 86% growth in jobs
“I saw an opportunity to improve Brazilians' quality of life by making health information reliable and easy to access. ”
- Year selected
- Fernando Ortenblad
In 2004, Daniel and Fernando saw the demand for online health and wellness information in their country and created the WebMD of Brazil. MinhaVida, which began as a nutrition website and has expanded to address all health issues, provides instant access to a virtual library of more than 15,000 texts and guides written by physicians, medical associations and universities. With twelve million registered users and ten million hits per month, it has become the most popular health and wellness portal in Latin America and is well on its way to becoming Brazil’s most recognized health and wellness brand.
Endeavor and Minha Vida
Through mentorship and introductions to lawyers and consultants, Endeavor Brazil has helped the Entrepreneurs refine their growth and financing strategy as well as build a strong organizational structure to support a larger workforce.
- Official company blog
- Endeavor blog: Highlights from Brazil Trek: Three entrepreneurs discuss finding a market gap
- Endeavor blog: Daniel selected for an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Article on MinhaVida and health (in Portuguese)
- Portal Fator: MinhaVida leader in health sector (in Portuguese)
- E-Commerce News: Minha Vida and email marketing (in Portuguese)
- Globo / Epocanegocios: Feature on Daniel (in Portuguese)