“I saw an opportunity to create the 'Staples of Latin America.'”
- Financial Services
- Year selected
The founders of OfficeNet — the very first entrepreneurs selected by Endeavor — are the epitome of high-impact. Andy and Santiago finished their undergraduate studies and joined Proctor & Gamble’s middle management. But every Thursday night from 1995 to 1996, the aspiring entrepreneurs met in a Buenos Aires bar to brainstorm business ideas. One day, they hit upon the idea of creating the “Staples of Latin America” — taking advantage of the fragmented, inefficient office-supply industry and resolving to transform it through technology, reliable service and modern marketing strategies. Soon afterwards, they founded OfficeNet.
By 2004, OfficeNet was the largest and fastest growing office-supply company in Latin America. In 2005, the company was acquired by Staples. The HBS case study on OfficeNet been taught internationally.
A serial entrepreneur at heart, Andy founded and currently manages Axialent, a global consultancy that helps organizations align their culture and behaviors with sound business strategy. Axialent currently has 130 employees.
When Andy was 18, he created Initiative Foundation, oriented towards the promotion of leadership among the Latin American youth. More than 20,000 young students participated in Initiative Foundation events. Andy collaborates weekly with CNN en Español as an “expert entrepreneur.” The World Economic Forum named him “Global Leader for Tomorrow” (2000) and a “Young Global Leader” (2008). He has participated as a motivational speaker at numerous events worldwide, including the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland and the Interamerican Development Bank Annual Conference in Santiago, Chile. His recent book Passion for Entrepreneurship was published in Spanish becoming a best-selling business book in several countries in Latin America.
Endeavor and Quasar Ventures
Endeavor’s network of US venture capitalists played a major role in helping Andy and Santiago renegotiate their ownership structure with their Argentine angel investors, going from 0% to 35% equity.
Through the network, they were introduced to the then-CEO of Staples, a company which subsequently acquired OfficeNet.
In addition to extensive mentorship on financing, growth, and leadership development, they also benefited from a Global eMBA, Immersion Tour, and Entrepreneur Summit.
True examples that Endeavor is an organization “of, by, and for” entrepreneurs, Andy and Santiago have not only served as panelists, mentors, and speakers but currently serve as chairman and co-chairman, respectively, of Endeavor Argentina’s country board.
- HBS case study on OfficeNet: Part 1 (2001) (2 parts)
- HBS case study on OfficeNet: Part 2 (2001) (2 parts)
- Stanford Entrepreneurship Corner: includes links to 9 videos of Andy speaking
- South American Business Forum: Interview with Andy
- Andy's book - 50 Tips for Entrepreneurs
- Official speaker bio
- Endeavor blog: Inc. profiles Endeavor's Argentinean Entrepreneurs
- Official company news and press releases
- (video)What You Do Defines Your Culture: Andy speaks at Endeavor Entrepreneurs' Summit (5/1/07)
- (video)Three Building Blocks of Organizational Culture: Andy speaks at Endeavor Entrepreneurs' Summit (5/1/07)
- (video)Culture Archetypes: Achievement Culture: Andy speaks at Endeavor Entrepreneurs' Summit (5/1/07)
- (video)Five Archetypes of Culture: Andy speaks at Endeavor Entrepreneurs' Summit (5/1/07)
- (video)Culture Archetypes: One Team Culture - Andy speaks at Endeavor Entrepreneurs' Summit (5/1/07)
- (video)Cultural Archetypes: People First Culture - Andy speaks at Endeavor Entrepreneurs' Summit (5/1/07)
- (video)Cultural Archetypes: Innovation Culture - Andy speaks at Endeavor Entrepreneurs' Summit (5/1/07)
- (video)Andy speaks at the 8th Annual Endeavor Argentina Conference, 2006 - Part 1
- (video)Andy speaks at the 8th Annual Endeavor Argentina Conference, 2006 - Part 2
- (video)Andy speaks at the 8th Annual Endeavor Argentina Conference, 2006 - Part 3
Intel Mobile Communications
Wilson Martins Poit
Azza Fahmy Jewelry
Support the cause
Endeavor transforms the economies of emerging markets by identifying and supporting high-impact entrepreneursI want to get involved