Impact metric122% growth in revenues since selection, and 46% growth in jobs
“I saw an opportunity to create the 'CVS of the Middle East.'”
- Year selected
Dr. Amjad Aryan has a clear goal: to turn his company Pharmacy 1 into the “CVS of the Middle East.” After working for CVS and acquiring a small chain of pharmacies in Miami, Amjad returned to Jordan, where he opened the first Pharmacy 1 branch in 2001. Amjad aims to introduce distinguished pharmaceutical health care to the region by focusing on customer service. Pharmacy 1 operates several 24-hour branches and offers valet service in areas where parking is limited. Today the company is the number one retail pharmacy chain in the country, with over 50 branches, and is the first regional pharmacy chain in the Middle East.
Endeavor and Pharmacy 1
Amjad’s Endeavor Entrepreneur Advisory Board counseled him on his strategy for entering the Saudi market through the purchase of existing pharmacies. Endeavor also nominated Amjad for the Ernst & Young Jordan Entrepreneur of the Year award, which he won!
- Endeavor blog: Four Endeavor Entrepreneurs selected for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- Endeavor Blog: Amjad on Pharmacy 1 (World Economic Forum report)
- Endeavor blog: Amjad on building Jordan's top pharmacy chain
- Endeavor blog: Wall Street Journal profiles Amjad
- Jordan Business: "Chain Reaction"
entrepreneur spotlightsView All Entrepreneurs
Support the cause
Endeavor transforms the economies of emerging markets by identifying and supporting high-impact entrepreneursI want to get involved