Endeavor seeks strategic global thinkers to join its team for 6-10 weeks this summer in our New York office. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about every component of Endeavor’s model, spend time with Endeavor’s President and CEO, and present their final research projects to the entire Endeavor organization.
Examples of past projects conducted by interns include:
· Mapping connections among 200+ Argentinean VCs and entrepreneurs to understand network effects in entrepreneurial ecosystem, culminating in a YouTube video with 8,000+ views: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g95QGhqAus&hd=1.
· Conducting interviews with Endeavor Entrepreneurs who have a direct social impact (e.g., extending financial services to “bottom of the pyramid” clients) to understand the key drivers of growth and expansion for firms in the social enterprise sector.
· Investigating common characteristics and needs among specific types of Endeavor Entrepreneurs (e.g. social entrepreneurs, female entrepreneurs).
· Writing and editing sections of the 6-8 page profiles (case studies) that are the culminating representation of Endeavor’s search process.
· Passionate about entrepreneurship and economic development in growth markets.
· Current top students pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, with a strong academic record in any field.
· Exceptionally strong English language writing skills
· A creative thinker who can execute complex quantitative and qualitative research projects.
· Strong cultural and interpersonal skills for working with international team members.
· Self-starter who is independent and able to meet or beat tight deadlines.
Interns will be interviewed beginning in February/March and notified of final decisions by mid-April.
Although Endeavor cannot offer compensation for this internship, we will support qualified candidates to seek out external funding. In past years, the majority of our interns have been able to secure funding either through their university or through external sources that support social enterprise.
How to apply
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the deadline of April 1, 2013. All applicants should prepare a cover letter explaining why they want to work at Endeavor and why they are the best candidate for this position. Applicants should submit this cover letter and a resume through our online application at www.endeavor.org/talent. Due to the overwhelming amount of applications, we can only respond directly to select applicants. No calls please, and best of luck!